Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Easter

Happy new month! I hope you had a good month in March, and are looking forward to bigger and better things in April. I honestly don't know where the time went! It was like I blinked and March flew past me. Somebody please tell April to slow down and not fly by so fast... by the way, did anyone get sucked into an April Fool's prank?

This week, I've learnt to be thankful for electricity. Last Monday, there was a power cut in our area that lasted for over 14 hours. It was so unusual for that to happen, we didn't have any back-up in the house! Our place operates on electricity so I couldn't cook, do the laundry, or heat the house. We had to go and get a torch light and batteries in the evening. It was such a relief when the power came back on!

I've finished reading Love in Paradise by Lara Daniels,  Egg-Larva-Pupa-Woman by Ogo Akubue-Ogbata (which the writers both kindly sent to me) and In Dependence by Sarah Ladipo Manyika (which broke my heart). I'm now reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Loving them all, and I promise to review them later. 

The Easter weekend is upon us! I'm looking forward to a relaxing time with hubby, we might visit a couple of family and friends, generally eat more than usual, and reflect on the reason why we celebrate the season. I'm thankful that Jesus came to earth to die for us, and I'm so glad that He accomplished His mission on earth, and He redeemed us. I've been very good so far, I haven't indulged in Easter eggs (yet). But we'll see!

Before you go:

Read about our Amazon Book Launch, courtesy of The Bookaholic. And if you need convincing, check out an excerpt of our book In My Dreams It Was Simpler on The New Black Magazine HERE

Don't forget to check out our blog tomorrow for a new installment - right HERE, make sure you don't miss it for anything.

Wish you all a lovely Easter weekend!

FG

9 comments:

  1. waoh, no electricity here in d UK 4 14hrs? meeeeen!

    happy Easter to u too FG...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you too FG, have a great weekend. ELPW was a great read as well as the Kite Runner. I haven't read the others. Congrats to you guys on your book.

    ps, that was a joke on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to you! I want to commend you on all the publicity and work you're doing on the In My Dreams book. Your consistency and dedication is admirable.

    I guess the power outage was a good time for reading (well, once you got a flashlight!). Glad it's all sorted out now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter, darling!!! March definitely flew past me oh! One minute, it was the first of March, and now, it's the 4th of April.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter to you too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoyed your easter

    How are the noos coming up?
    I can imagine what you went through for 14 hours of power outage...pele

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...