Friday, March 28, 2008

Asa (Nigerian Singer)


I've mentioned this talented lady before but I don't think I did her enough justice. I've been listening to her album over and over again and I still can't get enough of it. It's so so cool. I first heard it when I was in Lagos over the Christmas period and I fell in love with it instantly. So much so that I went and bought two copies of her CD immediately, one for me and one for a friend. I played it non-stop until I got back to the UK. When I gave my friend her own copy, she fell in love with it instantly too. Last Sunday, I played it in the car and another guy heard the first three songs and wanted the album. Then he played it at work and his boss wanted it too! There's just something about her music that captures you and blows you away. The album has now been released in the UK (you can get it from Amazon ) and it's getting great reviews!
I'm such a big fan of hers, so you can imagine my excitement when I found that she will be playing a gig in the UK soon, London in May. (For more details see her page at MySpace ). So if you are an Asa fan in the UK, don't miss a chance to see her in concert. I plan to go and I can't wait to see her perform her songs live. My favourite songs from the album are "Bibanke", it's so soulful with a hint of sadness but the music lifts you up and "Fire on the Mountain", the music is simple, but lyrics are deep and they make you think.
Here's a video of her first single "Fire on The Mountain":

2 comments:

  1. Asa is da bomb i love her so much she's calm,deep but yet intelligent she writes good lyrics i saw her in johannesburg,newtown standard bank joy of jazz wow i was over the moon i love i love her i'm ur biggest fan!!!!!!!!! good luck n good bless u

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...