Saturday, December 16, 2006

Ups and Downs

I've had a really really busy week. Well the last two weeks have been hectic. I've missed a lot of new posts in blogland, so I need to catch up. I hear lots of people are flying to Nigeria this week. Have a safe journey and have lots of fun! I'm soo jealous. I'm stuck here in the cold weather. But hey, it's christmas time. Anyway here are some of my thoughts this week.

Highs and Lows
It's odd when you get good news and bad news at the same time. You don't know whether to be happy or sad. Why is life like that? Last week, at some point, I was feeling very low emotionally. I had received some disappointing news and I was sooo frustrated that I felt like crying. Sometimes you just have to count the blessings in your life over and over again to help you keep hope alive. Otherwise you just might give up. It gets me down when I feel like something I want to happen is not happening and it is completely outside my control. There's nothing I can do other than to pray and hang in there. Oh but it drags me down!
Then my very good friend left me a yahoo offline message. I called her and she told me that she had broken up with her boyfriend of six years!! They had been together since uni days, they had been planning to get married. Now it's all gone. I felt so bad that I didn't know what to say. I hate break-ups. Especially when it seemed like the relationship was perfect and the two people were right for each other.
The week went on, and thank God I got some good news. I heard from another good friend that she had gotten a good job. She had told me she wanted to change her job so I rejoiced with her.
For me, I finally got some good news on Thursday. I had my review at work, and my boss was pleased with me. That means a better salary and benefits, still subject to some conditions though! But at least I could smile. As someone said, "when one door closes, another one opens". So that was my emotional rollercoaster. I need to go and count my blessings one more time. I hate feeling sad.

2 comments:

  1. Hey TP,we do get those days when things just don't seem to be going our way.Sometimes you don't even feel like praying.At such times,I just listen to praise and worship songs and believe me your spirit will get lifted right up!!

    I enjoy reading your blogs girl...keep up the excellent work!!

    Hope ur hubby is doing great.Remain blessed cherie and have a swell weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, 6 yrs is sure a longtime n I hate break-up's too, like who does right? Glad u ahd some good news 2 cheer u up n congrats on the great reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...