Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Quick Update

Hello all! I trust that you are having a cool week. In England, I am really feeling the winter chill. The temperature has dropped several degrees in the last two nights (All the better to snuggle up with hubby). We are not going to put in any 'overtime' o. I like to let things just take their natural course.

I did have a nice time with my sisters last weekend. Little sis and I popped down to Cardiff for a brief reunion with 2nd sis. (I nearly missed my coach, but that is another long story). We had fun. We ate lots of food, then got dressed and went for our photoshoot, with some drama involved. All went well sha. We'll get the pics by the end of the week. I can't wait! Unfortunately, I had a cold, so I wasn't up for shopping or walking round the town centre. I spent the rest of the weekend watching Desperate Housewives Season 1 in my sister's room.

Came back home on Sunday evening. Hubby has been very nice: cooking all the meals, making me cups of tea and generally looking after me. So I was alright to go to work on Monday morning. Met little sis after work yesterday to say our final goodbyes before she takes off. (I hate goodbyes). She left England this morning. I'm missing her already.

Something nice to cheer me up though. My long-lost friend is in town! This girl and I went to secondary school together, we lived in the same estate and attended the same church when we were much younger. But we lost touch after I left school and they moved out of our estate. We finally got back in touch last year thanks to yahoo messenger and phone calls, but I haven't seen her in seven years. She called me today while I was at work to tell me she was in London! We have made plans to meet up before the end of the week. It will be fun to see each other again, and catch up on past times. Can't wait.

By the way, hubby and I celebrated 18 months of marital bliss today. He reminded me this morning and I couldn't help but smile. I feel so blessed, so "favoured". LOL. I have so many other things to post about, but I can't go into them all right now. Due to the "maintenance" of last week, I'm needed in another room promptly. Laters!!

12 comments:

  1. yayyy!! I'm first!!1 Glad to know your feeling better... its only because it was sickness that kept you from us that i won't give you hell for not updating quick quick oh... awww.. it should be so much fun meeting up with your long lost friend... your husband is such a sweetheart... but then again he knows the gem he has so he has to cherish you

    ReplyDelete
  2. @OWNB: ok, you beat me to it!

    Forget the cold in the UK. It even snowed this morning. I want to go to Naija. it is so hot there. Sniff sniff,i miss home.

    Ok, hurry and give us gists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LondonBuki4:09 PM

    Hi... Good to know you feel better!

    Congratulations on you 18month anniversary!!!

    Have fun with Hubby and also with your friend (nice reunion that will be!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I slipped this morning going to work. Congratulations on ur anniversary. May each day bring more joy and happiness in both ur lives.Amen .Your sister who travelled back on tuesday, does her name start with P by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww, temmy tayo, can I add ur husband to my list of collections, please? Hehehe

    And which room are you needed in right now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Hope you have more n more years of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy 18 months oh,many more anniversaries 2 come!thank God for technology...pple i thot i wuld neva see again...luvv ur blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, enough already. UPDATE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy anniversary... glad to hear you had fun with your sisters... and have a swell time with your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Come, this chic... update already now! It's almost a week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on ur anniversary and to remind u o ..this is the best time to utilize the license u were talking abt o ...cos u know am rooting for junior to make his/her way here SAP..LOL

    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah ah, where has this chic disappeared 2?

    UPDATE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...