Thursday, September 21, 2006

A "Normal" Day

Today was a normal day in the life of the girl called me. Nothing special. My day went like this:

I woke up at the usual time after "snoozing" my alarm twice. Finally got up, had a shower, got dressed in a rush and left the house. Hubby dropped me off at the station and I took the train to work. I had no time for breakfast as usual. Read the morning newspaper on the train. Got to work, greeted my colleagues, made a cup of coffee and settled in for the day's activites. Ages later I looked up at the clock and it was only 10.30am! I thought the time was dragging really slowly. Eventually it was lunch time. Went to the shop and decided to choose the healthy option and have Thai Chicken soup instead of a burger. Work dragged on sha, but finally it was time to go home. Said goodnight to co-workers. I left the office, got on the train back home. It was packed as usual, but I managed to get a seat. Got home and was greeted by hubby. He had even started preparing a meal! Had dinner while gisting with hubby about our respective days. Checked my emails, read some blogs and chatted with my friend on MSN. Decided to go to bed before midnight. So, it was just a normal day really. Or was it?

I seem to have taken a lot of things for granted today. If I analyse my "normal" day closely, I see that I have indeed been given countless blessings. I have decided to acknowledge some of them. Perhaps this will prevent me from complaining when I am feeling discontent:

Today, I was able to hear my alarm and open my eyes. Today I was healthy enough to get out of bed. Today I was able to wash myself. Today I have a job to go to. Today my husband is still alive and we are together and happily married. Today I had a safe journey to work. Today a bomb did not go off in my city. Today I had money to buy lunch. Today I didn't get sacked. Today I had a safe journey back home (I even have a home to go to!). Today nobody in my family died. Today I did not have any accident or injury. Today my husband didn't lose his job. Today I enjoyed communicating with my friends, I have good friends. Today our house was not repossesed. And it didn't catch fire. Today I am safe in the knowledge that I am God's child and He will never leave me or forsake me. Today I had angels watching over me. Today I can go to bed safely knowing that the angels are going to watch over me and my family as we sleep.

So this was my day. I have had a wonderful day. I thank God, without whom my day would not have been so smooth. Please God, help me to ask less and thank you more. Help me to grumble less and praise you more. Help me to want less and appreciate more.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Reminds us to bethankful for every little blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...