Friday, September 8, 2006

It's the weekend!

It's been a busy week. Going to work, and also resuming at college where I listen to my teacher droning on and on about accounting stuff ...... At least it's nice to know I can have a lie-in! Kind of anyway. Knowing me, I won't go to bed until 3am and then wake up at 8am because the other half of the bed is cold.

Hubby is away this weekend on official matters so I have the house to myself. I'm missing him, but I'm also enjoying my own company. I didn't have to cook dinner tonight, I won't have to cook anything special for breakfast and I can crank up my music without worrying about disturbing him.

Don't get me wrong, I love him very very much and hanging out with him is one of my hobbies. But I think it's healthy to take a break from each other once in a while and experience being "me" sometimes and not just half of a couple. Like most ladies I know, I like my space and I need some regular "me" time to reflect and recharge my batteries. I also need to keep my passion going for the things I'm interested in. I'm sure he feels exactly the same way when I go off on a trip on my own. We appreciate each other when we are reunited and we have more stuff to talk about. Win-win all the way.

Oh hang on... he's calling me....lol he says sleeping in a hotel room alone is not fun. I agree. Come back soon love.

Anywaysss for those in Nigeria to celebrate the Independence Day you can check out this concert happening in October HERE I must say I'm quite impressed. If Beyonce, Ciara and Snoop are going to perform at a concert in Nigeria, that's a good thing isn't it?

Anyway take care all, and have a good weekend. Try not to do something you would regret.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I hope you enjoyed your weekend of 'you-time'!!! I'm sure it was great to have your hubby home though! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...