Thursday, October 5, 2006

God is faithful

Just being grateful today. The song below is one of my favourite hymns, if not my favourite. Anythime I need to remind myself that God remainds true to me, I hum the song. I even made sure that it was sung on my wedding day! I have now made sure I have crammed the words so that I can sing it anywhere. On the train, at work, on the queue to buy my travelcard, in the shower, any time and place. A constant reminder, cos I can be quite forgetful (sigh). God help all of us.

Great is Thy Faithfulness
Great is Thy faithfulness
O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Refrain

Words:
Thom­as O. Chis­holm, 1923. Ac­cord­ing to Chis­holm, there were no spe­cial cir­cum­stanc­es which caused its writ­ing—just his ex­per­i­ence and Bi­ble truth. The hymn first ap­peared in Songs of Sal­va­tion and Serv­ice, 1923, com­piled by Wil­liam M. Run­yan. It is the un­of­fi­cial “school hymn” of Moo­dy Bi­ble In­sti­tute in Chi­ca­go, with which Run­yan was as­so­ci­at­ed for a num­ber of years. Copyright © 1923 Hope Publishing Company. 380 South Main Place, Carol Stream, IL 60188

2 comments:

  1. LondonBuki11:43 AM

    God really is Faithful!

    Have a blessed weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:44 AM

    Yes God is faithful. Sometimes we let life's worries and disappointments cloud that from our minds. What a nice reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...