Sunday, October 29, 2006

Lovely Weekend

I've had a great weekend! It's been relaxing and hubby has been wonderful. Add that to the fact that I had an extra hour to enjoy on Sunday morning! Bliss...

My weekend started well. I got paid... yay! After work, hubby called me to say he was renting a movie and our friends were coming over. So when I got home, there was finger food, ice-cream and drinks laid out and everyone was waiting for me to join in. We settled in and watched the movie "Munich". It was long and we didn't finish watching till about midnight. Said goodbye to friends and called it a night.
Saturday was very cool too. Got up early had breakfast, and went to view some properties and we finally chose one! Dashed off to put in an application. It will be available in December so we might be moving around then. Looking forward to that. Not the stress of moving, but the feeling of living in a new space.
After house-hunting we went shopping cos both of us wanted stuff. This was funny. Even though the differences between shopping habits of men and women are well documented, it's still funny when it happens to you. Hubby and I walked into a shop and he got bored within 5 minutes. Meanwhile I had just started. If you are a lady like me, you know it takes more than 5 minutes to shop to your heart's content. I need to appraise the clothes, imagine myself wearing it, see if it goes well with other stuff in my wardrobe, see if I have accesories to go with it, try it on.... etc.... before I make the decision to buy it. This takes at least 15 minutes. So to buy myself some time, I followed hubby to the menswear section and spent time with him choosing stuff for him to try on, then I escaped to the ladies section. It was fun in the end, he got interested in picking out stuff for me too and frowning at some 'ugly' items he didn't like. Oh and he paid too. The best bit.
In the evening, I took him out on a date, we went to a restaurant and had a nice time. The food was good, the conversation was good, and afterwards, I knew I was going home with the coolest guy in the world :-)

Today was nice too. I woke up at 9.00am. Hubby was already up, getting ready for church. I then remembered that the clocks had gone back by an hour, so it was just 8.00am. Lovely! A whole extra hour. So we had time to make breakfast, watch TV, and prepare for lunch in church later. The service today was hosted by the teenagers which was quite cool. They had a drama and everything. After service we had our fellowship lunch, met some new people. Came home and fell asleep.

Wish all my weekends were like this!

9 comments:

  1. LondonBuki1:36 AM

    Nice weekend!!! More like this are coming Dear... :-)

    Congrats on finding a house!!!!

    Have a blessed week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am Jealous o!!!

    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:41 PM

    ahn ahn!!..na u dey enjoy oh!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmn, seems like you had a fun weekend. LOL at ur hubby getting bored after just 5minutes of shopping. I know better than to go shopping with mine anymore. He just wants to walk into the first shop, but everything from there and then go back home. Meanwhile, me I will want to scour other shops too and see what they've got in stock. Hmmmn, it really takes a very, very, patient man to go shopping with a lady. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weekend sounds so perfect, am jealous, lol glad u had a nice weekend, its always needed. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaayyy!! I'm so happy for you oh! Congrats on finding a home that you both like...hopefully the application (offer?) goes through and y'all find favor in the seller's eyes...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and the best wishes on my engagement! Love the new blog too about relationship stuvvs

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwwwwwwwww... thats sooo sweet.. the both of u.. real inspiration... be well babe

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeeehhhhhn hen! lol. miss you guys sha. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wanna gettttttttttt married nowwwwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...